Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How To Have Friends

So yesterday was my birthday which was very nice. It made me really think about all the people in my life and how happy and grateful I am to have so many fabulous people apart of my world. So I thought today I would dedicate to the best of times I have had with my friends and family.

Getting to travel to New York, Amsterdam, Barcelona and Paris with my closest friends. Traveling is fun but getting to be with the people you love in those places is amazing.
Example: In Paris we had gone to A LOT of museums, so by the time we got to the Louvre I was a little punchy. Luckily my friend Anisa was too, so we spent the entire trip laughing at the nakedness and the craziness of some of the art. This was the result:

Me hitting on a statue


Me discovering my long lost son Chester


Witnessing a Nonna bare her breasts

Long story short that museum is HILARIOUS. Plus mine and Chester's relationship is stronger than ever!

Salad parties! This has become a tradition. Whenever the weather is nice, I make my Masterpiece Salad (NBD) and sangria and me and my friends just sit in the backyard and chill from three in the afternoon until three in the morning. It's so relaxing and pleasant. (Side note: Try not to drink the sangria from 3 pm to 3 am. The night will inevitably end in vomiting.)

Cruises. No not the boat kind, the car kind. This started when my sister Sam learned to drive and continued when Anisa learned to drive (and still she is the only one of us out of out group of friends that can drive. I know, I know, I'll get my G1 on Monday!) Basically we would get (AHAHAHAH I can't even get through the sentence. I'm so not getting my G1 on Monday. I've been saying that for literally six years.) So like I was saying basically we would get in a car and drive. Usually to the lakeshore. It's so much fun and makes you feel very independant at seventeen. Plus you can sing along with the radio to killer hits like "The Greatest Love of All". Personal fave!

Doing nothing. I love sitting around doing nothing. It is one of my passions. But when you do nothing with friends, that's the ultimate.


This is what doing nothing can lead to!
Grey's Anatomy Nights. The show, not so good anymore. The company, like I coined in Paris after watching Les Simpson, "Troy Bien!"
I love talking during T.V, but having an audience around really makes it worthwhile. Watching T.V with friends is just more fun.
Like when I watched 30 Rock with my frousin (patent pending!) Mina, and then we would repeatedly rewind everything that Alec Baldwin said.
Or the very intense Gossip Girl marathon (literally, days were lost) I did with my sister Vanessa during the month of February. [Side note. Which is why these posts are so Gossip Girl saturated. It was the only television I watched during the one month blog-a-thon so it was the only reference point I had to draw from.] Anyways I like T.V, I love my friends.
They're friends too!
 So thanks to all you people in my life that make it so special. You rock!

And now, a friendship photo montage:


YAY FRIENDS!!!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment