Thursday, February 10, 2011

How To Blog When You Don't Wanna

Ok, so today I was watching a bad Katherine Heigl romantic comedy (better than 27 Dresses way, way worse than Knocked Up) and it had your stereotypical sexist boringness.
The girl was a baker the guy worked in sports. The girl was tightly wound and clothing obsessed, the guy was a carefree slut. Yet at the beginning of the movie when Heigl goes on a bad date the guy says, "Don't worry you can get over this easily, bake something, you probably blog don't you? Blog about me"
Then I started thinking oh my god, they wrote that line because a stereotypical, modern single woman blogs. Then I thought, am I a cliche? Then I felt strange that a badly written rom-com had this power over me. Then I thought hmmm maybe romantic-comedies aren't as fake as you think they are. Maybe rom-com movie characters are stereotypical because maybe we as real people are stereotypical. Then the scene changed and the two characters who hate each other magically have to raise a kid together and then they fall in love. Ok so not realistic but I don't like to think that I'm writing this blog because I am a stock rom-com character.
I am an individual! An individual who does not know what to write anymore today. I'm not in a bloggin' mood. So thanks for reading though I do not deserve it today. Tomorrow I will bring the goods fo sho. But it just doesn't seem to be happening today.

You don't know me!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment