Wednesday, February 9, 2011

How To Make It Work

So I've been watching Project Runway this week and I've decided Tim Gunn is my guru. I've never admired a man more on a reality show then Mr. Gunn. His hillarious voice, his wicked plaid neck ties, and his overall sense of calm are just wonderful. However, the best part about him are his catch phrases "Make it work"and "This worries me". Every time Tim says to a confused, budding clothing designer either of these sentences, both the viewer and designer feel like their life has been changed.
I truly feel these two sentences can be applied to any situation at any point in your life. I will now channel Tim Gunn and all of his wisdom and answer some pressing life issues.

Examples of how "Make it work" can be used in day to day life.

You have a long day at work, but you have an important event directly after. Plus it's February and you need to look good. There are so many things that are a contradiciton in this situation. First of all footwear- do you sacrifice being warm to wear your nice riding boots so you look decent at night or do you wear you giant hid boots be warm, but look and feel out of place at night?
"Make it work!" Grab your big bag and keep your warm boots on until the party. Bring a plastic bag in case of snow.
That was easy.

Second problem, you're tired and don't have the energy to go out.
"Make it work!" Have you tried sucking it up or in case of emergency, cocaine? Apparently you can stay up all night as long as you do it in twenty minute intervals. But I guess your best bet at staying up all night is crystal meth. That stuff lasts aaaaaaallllllllllll night long.
Check that  one off your list.

Third inquiry, I'm socially awkward.
"Make it work!" Well if you're already on the cocaine I got news for you, you won't stop being able to talk. You can just go on and on and on and on about anything. Compliment someone on the fabric of their pants and that conversation can literally last thirty two minutes.
Wow, I feel the spirit of Tim Gunn is truly upon me.

Examples of how "This worries me" can be used in day to day life.

Problem number one, you have a cocaine problem.
"This worries me." Having never dealt with addiction directly I assume once you run out of money you can't get the drugs so ipso facto you're cured! Just spend all your money on the coke.
Worry no more.

Problem two, you've lost your job due to all the recent partying you've been doing.
"This worries me." Partying is overrated, read a book or better yet become a recluse. No one will invite you to stuff if you start becoming all introverted or eccentric, believe me. Pull a Howard Hughes and save your pee in a jar, you never know when you might need it.
Solved!

Problem three, you need a job.
"This worries me." You've been partying a lot right? Well now it's time to call upon some favours and ask one of those people for an interview. After all most carrers are all about connections.
There, and before you know it you could be a MOVIE STAR!

Thanks Tim Gunn for giving me laughter, warmth and the ability to inspire and help others, you are truly my hero!


Look at him, I just love this man!

Side note that has almost nothing to do with this post.
Today the jerk kid I take care of was talking about how he was going to have a sleepover with lots of coke. I then said, "I've had a sleep over with lot's of coke too." I chuckled to myself. Then I felt sad.




No comments:

Post a Comment