Thursday, February 24, 2011

How To Deal With Boredom

So for the past three hours I have been babysitting with nothing to do. I finally cracked the password for the wi-fi connection so I'm able to write this post on my iPod but before this discovery I had nothing to do.

Some people tend to read in a house filled with books but in my defense I tried. First I read a news paper, then I tried to read a Uta Hagen book to proove what a studious actor I am. Ten minutes later I woke up. You see when stuck in a house that is not your own it's very difficult to stay awake- even if staying awake is literally your only job description. It is a fine art babysitting at night. If you've managed to entertain yourself, you're set. You're essentially being paid to watch a movie. However if you're like me, staying awake seems to be a chore, so the entire evening is spent trying not to fall asleep, which is my definition of torture. Unfortunately I have a habit of falling asleep, a lot. Anytime I'm in a somewhat comfortable situation and I am not being spoken to directly I will fall asleep. Whenever my friend Stella comes over to watch a movie I always fall asleep. Always. The only thing that keeps me awake is knowing that Stella is staring at me. She's like my movie-watching conscience.

I wish I had a thyroid problem or something to make up for my apparent narcolepsy, but I'm in quite good health. I think if I am to blame anything it's my ADD. It's the only plausible explaination. If something is not constantly stimulating me I go to sleep, like a computer you're to lazy to turn off.

Well thank god for wi-fi because I'd be asleep in an armchair right now, and then the mom would walk in- not good.
So I guess the only way I've figured out how to cure boredom is to figure out a password so I can get on the Internet. I just became very sad.

Thanks for reading!
(and may I say I've gotten much better at the iPod blog thing, I'm learning!)

Get it.. He looks bored and is on a show called "Bored To Death". Eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment