Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How To Get Over A Bad Day

So today I had a pretty bad night. I went to improv class and did terribly. I then went to go perform in an improv show and once again did terribly. I then had a conversation about religion with my mother and that went terribly. I could tell I had hit a nerve when she said my full name when responding to me. Nothing was going right.

I am still enduring the bad day and I need to shake it. Writing about it isn't as therapeutic as I had hoped. This bad day just makes me not want to write but I will power through.
I had some cookies but that didn't really help. I'm listening to music right now and it's helping. Actually it's helping a lot because the song my i-pod shuffled to is ironically called "Good Day" and the lyrics say, "I'm gonna have a good day cause ain't nobody gonna die today," and you know that really gives you perspective. No one died today (well that I know of. I'm sure thousands of people died today but if I get into that, shit's gonna get real) so things are looking up.
 Besides, when I really think about why I'm in a bad mood it's kind of silly. I mean improv is hard by nature and so you have an off night, it's not going to ruin my career (which now that I wrote it down makes me think that it is going to ruin my career and that I have no talent). So maybe music isn't helping the way I hoped it would.

As I am writing this, my father has walked into the room to inform me that he has eaten thirteen hundred calories today and he's quite proud. What am I supposed to do with this information, develop an eating disorder?
Wow this day has really plummeted. I think I'm going to stop typing before I get into Cathy comic territory ACK.

Well here's hoping you all had better night than me. Happy February (it's kind of an oxymoron).
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment