Monday, February 7, 2011

How To Look At Pictures Of A Vacation You Weren't On

Hello all.

So my parental units (remember that from Bring It On)? just came back from Cuba. Which was sincerely as much of a vacation for me as it was for them.
I ever so enjoyed them not being here for two weeks. Well at first I didn't really like being alone, and often I would tell Vanessa that I want a husband so I never have to stay alone in a house again.
But by the third day I was loving it. I could sleep in forever, the mess that was made was only mine so it was in specific easy-to-clean places in the house, I ate when I wanted to (instead of the usual force/guilt feed my mother loves to do), and best of all I could leave the house without being asked a few thousand times- "Where are you going? When will you be back? Should I make dinner for you?"
Now that I've written this all time I kind of feel bad, because it just seems that my mom (and apparently not my dad) just wants to know information about my day-to-day life and that's not such a negative thing... I guess.

But now they're back and they have pictures. But because we live in 2011 ma and pa can't just get them developed and deal with them themselves. Instead, I have to load it on the computer and then email the pics to every single one of their friends. This seriously cuts into my selfish time that I so enjoyed when they weren't here. Selfish time is the best. It's full or reading magazines, giving yourself pedicures and naps. But now I have to spend at least twenty minutes emailing pictures of upside down palm trees and my dad wearing a straw hat with his bulky "University of Roma" sweater (I've given up trying to justify the way he dresses).
But I'll do it. Because I live at home. So it's my punishment for not being independently wealthy. But boy if I was was independently wealthy, selfish time would just be know as time. And that's my ideal vacation.



You and I weren't here

No comments:

Post a Comment