Saturday, February 5, 2011

How To Stay In

  Hello.

So it's Saturday night. I'm in my twenties. I should be going out. However going out is seriously overrated in Toronto in February, so here's a few helpful tips on how to stay in like a pro.

First off, try to forget where you have put your cell phone. If you're like me it's usually in yesterdays pants or on it's way to being destroyed by the washing machine because you've thrown it in the dirty clothes. Now that your cell is missing you won't feel obligated to answer it and be given incentive to go out.

Now what are you wearing? Jeans, take them off. Get into the loosest fitting pants you can possibly find. My dad has issues with waist bands, so almost all the pyjama pants in my house have been cut at the waist. You should do the same. I'm also always cold so staying in means bundling up. A big sweater with a scarf is both warm and as my NYLON magazine tells me trendy! Basically, your wardrobe should look like my father's daily uniform:
He really does wear this everyday, everywhere
You can choose to accessorize with a baseball cap if you must but it's not necessary.

Also take a cue from Marcello in this photo and eat, eat, eat. You're already not going out so you've basically given up. I've recently found out I'm allergic to all things delicious, however if I had my pick of munchies nothings more of a classic than Miss Vickie's Sweet Chili and Sour Cream.

Finally, what are you going to do to entertain yourself? Classy people tend to read, listen to music and have a nice glass of wine. My top choice of staying in fun, is marathoning Gossip Girl and then discussing the characters like they are people I actually know.

Here are some conversation starters:

Chuck and Blair- our generations Carrie and Big?
Why is Nate so boring? Like soooo boring.
If I had Serena's money and style what would I wear? Where would I go?
Dan's changed. Is it for better or worse?
Will you marry me Chuck Bass?

So tonight instead of trying to do something, try not to do something (you get what I mean).
So sit back relax and stay in. It's snowing, do you really want to go through the hassle of finding footwear that's nice and will keep you warm? Couldn't think of anything, could you?
Staying in- the new going out!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment