Friday, February 4, 2011

How To Like Music

Hey.
So I was talking with my main ladies, Anisa and Krystyna, about what I should write about and at the same time we're talking about music and how some songs creep up on you, sort of like an infection. Ok so let me explain what I mean. Do you ever listen to a song and you're like I don't really like it at all but then you hear it enough times and you sort of give in to it. I can't tell if this means the song is good and I just need to give it a chance, or it's complete crap and the media had just over-saturated my brain. A prime example of this is Lady Gaga. I really love her now, but the first time I heard "Bad Romance" I didn't like it. The fifth time I heard it, I couldn't get enough of it. What does this mean?  Is it that she's a musical genius and my sensibilities needed time to catch up? Or am I exactly the demographic the music industry is focusing on and my little brain can't compete? Makes you think. I will now list all the songs (I can remember) that I now love but didn't at first.

Telephone- Gaga (That "Central Station" Beyonce part is FA-IERCE! Plus I like the sound under the main vocals of the chorus that says, "Tonight I am dancing. I cannot take your call, tonight I am dancing". It's funny)
What's My Name- RiRi (You got to love the purple manicure she's rocking in the video)
Bad Romance- Gaga
Paparazzi- Gaga (This one doesn't really count because I only like the piano version. The dance mix is poo)
The Only Living Girl In The World- RiRi
Forever- Drake, Eminem, etc
Teenage Dream- Katy Perry (I really, really dislike Katy Perry, but this song won me over after I found out it was about Russell Brand- he's my teenage dream, in a creepy wouldn't allow my teenage daughter to watch his stand-up kind of way)
Sunday Morning- Maroon 5 (Yes I once liked Maroon 5. In fact in grade 10 when it was my birthday my friends decorated my locker and put a picture of Adam Levine and that made me happy)

Wow, after stacking all the songs up like this I think it's pretty blatant that the media is very, very powerful and I have been duped big time. Oh well I could get into the psychology of this whole thing- after all I did get a 90% in beginners psychology at Humber College (which translated to UofT is like a 40%, if they would even recognize what I learned was in fact psychology). But I must get ready to go out and quite frankly I am seriously in the mood for blasting some Lady Gaga. So I'll catch y'all later cause tonight I am dancing, I cannot take no calls because tonight I am dancing.

Thanks for reading.
Classic-Al!
See he's kind of cute in a douche baggish way

No comments:

Post a Comment