Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How To Babysit Part II

Hey all. So today is Tuesday which is now known as regurgitate whatever was said to me today by whomever I am babysitting day.
Today, I had the pleasure of taking care of a delightful three-year old boy. With my blog in the back of my mind, I felt like I was trying to hard to capture something that he said as either meaningful or funny so I gave up. That was until I was reading a Vanity Fair, which at the end of the magazine always has a Proust Questionnaire. The people asked these questions always seem so wise and learned so I was inspired and decided to ask the little guy classic Proust questions.


What book could you read over and over?
I'm gonna put on my shoes, I'm gonna put on my shoes, mmmmmmm Brown Brown Bear
What is the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?
Um I don't know. Puzzle pieces
If you could have any superpower what would it be?
Grape power. I can turn into a grape and eat myself.
If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
Here.
Piano Break Part One. The child needed a break from the questions so he began to play the piano. He performed an original song entitled "Baseball Great", which consisted of him banging on the piano and singing the lyrics, "Baseball great, baseballl great".
What is you're idea of a perfect date?
Uhhh have lots of friends over. Simon. Calla, We would play Diego.
Piano Break Part Two. He is now playing the piano singing, "One two three four, seven eight ten, seven eight ten, yeah!"
What hobby would you persue if you had more time?
Tired
What is your motto?
Mmmmmm, A, R, C. 
(Side note: A.R.C was his answer to most of the things I asked him that day. For example, "Do you like your muffin?" Response, "A.R.C". It may be a code, I'm not sure.)
Piano Break Part Three. His final improvised song was his most touching. Here is a sample of some of the lyrics, "The baby is fast asleep with the mother, the baby was asleep and the mother was awake and the sheep was awake with the mother".
Who do you admire the most?
Mama.
So Proust was right, you really can learn about a person's soul when asked these questions, regardless of age.
Thanks for reading!

This is not the little boy I took care of today, but he's quite similar.



No comments:

Post a Comment