Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How To Say Happy Birthday

Bonjour! Today is my bff/blog contributer Krystyna K's 23rd birthday so just wanna shout out HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Some great "How To's" Krystyna has brought us are:
"How To Make Tulips Grow Straight" and
"How To Respond To Someone Who Has Told You They Have Seen God".
Thanks for all your contributions and friendship. Krystyna K you put the "kuh" sound in "Kuhlassic-Al".

So yesterday I couldn't get to the computer because I was at the hospital all day.
My father as some of you may know is a super hypochondriac (yes if he was a super hero hypochondria would be his power, and dressing like a lesbian gym teacher would be his costume).
I like to call him the old Italian man who cried wolf, or lupo if you will.
Unfortunately yesterday the wolf came. He's fine now but he did have two blockages in his arteries so they had to perform a procedure on him.

I am dumbfounded. This is a man who exercises every day (and makes you feel guilty if you don't), doesn't eat fatty foods, doesn't drink, and doesn't smoke. How does he get blockages?
This is all very worrisome to me. I exercise but I counteract that work with candy, and drinking like every other human being I know.
I fear that I may have a heartattack.
And all that fear I had about my father has travelled it's way back to me. But that's how it goes, right? Because isn't that why people truly hate hospitals? Hospitals are terrible for many reasons, but the whole time you're thinking either, "Good thing I'm not sick", or "Ahh, I don't want to be sick". You immediately draw the attention right back to yourself. You see someone with a cold, what's your first reaction? If you're nice probably, "Oh poor guy", but if you're like ninety percent of the population you're thinking, "Oh don't get me sick".

We're a selfish population, but I'm not judging. I'm crazy time selfish.
I have a blog where I put my thoughts and then essentially force people to read them.
Since school ended I haven't read a book that has enhanced my learning in anyway, because I don't do things I don't want to do anymore (it was my one out of school rule).
Last year I read Nietzsche and "Crime and Punishment". This year I've read Tim Gunn's "Book of Style" and not one but both of Russel Brand's "Booky Wooks". 

I guess what I'm trying to say is yay dad's ok, yay it's Krystyna's B-day and yay I'm selfish (well not yay, but I needed it to be symmetrical sentence. Sadly, the selfish word killed the rhyme but that's how selfish rolls, it don't got time for a ABA rhyming scheme).

Anyways thanks for reading!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment