Friday, April 1, 2011

How To Have A Tummy Ache

Yesterday I had a day long tummy ache. My sister Samantha hates when I use the word tummy. Every time I say, "Oh my tummy is full", she always asks, "Your what is full?" and then I respond, "Tummy". Then I rub it.
Sam thinks this is a word only children should use but I feel that my stomach is more of a tummy than a stomach. Stomach is such a technical, sterile kind of word. But tummy is warm, and you can really visualize the food inside of it being all warm and happy. I mean I understand that it seems childish but I enjoy tummy. Plus I never have to wonder if the word tummy ends in an E (stomach and potato, I just can never be sure if they need an E).

But as I was in pain, I decided to not be bored and began to watch this T.V show Pushing Daisies.
This show is delightful. I remember when it was originally on and everyone was telling me to watch it but, meh, it looked too Tim Burtonish for my liking. But it's not (and it is),  it's sort of like Babe without the pig.

The way PD is like Babe, is both deal with unsavoury subject matters (farm animal death, human death, pining for someone you can't touch or else she'll die), in the most adorable way possible.
There's a delightful narrator (unfortunately not three mice), bright coulours and random musical moments that are sweet and appropriate (not contrived, yes last night's Grey's Anatomy episode I'm talking to you! And don't get me started on how much you ripped off the musical episode of Scrubs. Haven't you taken enough from Scrubs?)
And just in case you're not already sold (which I feel like twenty percent of my readership is, but the rest I'll never get to watch a show like this), Pushing Daisies has just the cutest boy ever (Lee Pace, who fortunately does not look like a baby pig) He seems like an affable bloke.

Pushing Daises is the tummy equivalent of a T.V show. I definitely recommend if you are under the weather.

Thanks for reading! (I hope ABC pays me for this post, I'm still waiting on cheques from Gossip Girl,
Jon Hamm, Chuck Bass, and Javier Bardem)

Don't you just wanna pinch this show?!

No comments:

Post a Comment