Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How To Keep Up With A Blog

Hello again, it's been months. I'm sure you're thinking, "Oh I thought this blog was finished, and "Only three entries? Well at least she tried." But I'm back baby, with a very informative and true to life entry- "How To Keep Up With A Blog."

So you have decided to start a blog, good for you. You want to have an outlet for all of your creativity and know how. You're excited, check. You're enthusiastic, check. You're brimming with ideas, check. However are you aware that the internet is filled with distractions? It's true! Once you open that dream box known as your computer with the intention of writing that first foray into blogging, you realize something- I should check my email. After seeing that only Sephora and a friend whose email account has been hacked into by a virus has emailed you, you begin to type in your blog's website address. But wait, what goes hand in hand with checking emails? Checking Facebook. Uh-oh, now you're in for it. Some girl with good hair "liked" a photo of your new crush. Now your are obliged to Facebook creep her for at least twenty-five minutes. Four hours have passed and you have not started your blog.

 Even with these distractions, do not feel discouraged. Accept that the computer is always entertaining/life ruining (I'm talking to you thick long haired girl!) and push through. What is helpful is to add an extra hour to your writing time, that way you are never over schedule. Don't have that kind of time? Let's be serious you're writing a blog, do you even have a job?

Unfortunately the computer is not your only distraction: You're hungry, your corner store has started selling good quality bootlegged movies, writing is hard, you have friends, you need money, you need fresh air, you need a more comfortable chair, your eyes hurt, a song in blasting in your head but you can only remember two words, your sister keeps punching you in the arm, your cat is staring at you (like STARING at you), perezhilton.com, making the ultimate blog writing playlist, your hungry, stumble upon, someone outside your window slipped on ice and fell. The real issue is not the distraction, but the need. Do you need to write a blog? Probably not, but disappoint all four of your followers? I don't think so!!!

So sit down, plough through the distractions, and type. Your blog is waiting for you, just get there.

- Classic-Al

Is this girl's Facebook activity preventing your blog writing ability?
                                          

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, the ultimate blog writing playlist, whats on it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al, amazing! I think this one's my favourite! I can totes relate -I even c&p the other assistant's blog entry as my own. Yes, that girl's facebook activity IS preventing my blog writing abilities! ps is there a new crush fuh realz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work.. is it strange that I can hear your actual voice in my head when I read these?

    ReplyDelete