Sunday, January 30, 2011

Al's Views

Hi. Day five. Blog-o-mania.

I think every Sunday is now going to be known as "Al's Views," where the reading audience gets an uncensored look into what is in my brain!

Because I babysit all the time I've really started to think about what my thought process was like when I was a kid. This is because sometimes kids say things that blow my mind and also make no sense. Like this morning when I was babysitting, the kid I was watching said, "I'm in a bad mood now. I need to go into my room and put on a pair of pants."
So yeah I'm not sure what the pants, mood correlation is, but here's some of the things that I thought made sense when I was a kid.

I thought throwing up meant you throw a bird up in the air, hence throwing up. The first conscious time I threw up, I was four, and I said to my dad when it was over, "That's what throwing up is!"

Me, my sister Sam, and friend Natalie thought Club Monaco was a club, so one of us would turn the lights on and off while two of us would dance in the room screaming, "Club Monaco."

Every time I would see any sport/dance/activity on television I thought I could do it perfectly. Once after seeing Elvis Stojko skating, I put oil on my feet and skid across the basement floor. My mom cried.

Once when my sister Vanessa was sick, I was jealous that she got to stay home from school, but because I was four I didn't know how to express how I was feeling so I smashed my favourite Disney record over her head.

I also used to chase Vanessa with a fork, I do not remember the motive behind that move.

When I was three we had two kittens named Moe and Sooty. We were going to a picnic one day and I really wanted them to come, but I didn't want my mom to know. So I decided to stick them in the cooler. However because I was worried my mom would see them there, I put them in the tiny section on top of the large lid. I then sat on the lid. Just so you all know I'm not a sociopath, I just wanted the kittens to be a part of my day.

I used to look in the mirror as a six year old and think I had the face of an adult but the teeth of a child, and if I could just hide my teeth everyone would think I was twenty. I would pray at night for adult teeth.

When I got "Pocahontas" for my fifth birthday, I vowed to watch it everyday. And I did. It was like a regime.

Carmen Sandiego was a real person to me.

I believed in the Tooth Fairy more then I have ever believed in anything.

Now you've all learned where the classic in Classic-Al originated. Classic.
Thanks for reading!


One of the few times I was showing love to Vanessa, instead of abusing her

1 comment:

  1. oh my god hahah. there should actually be a club monaco. You could open it somewhere in central america and create a new flashing lights dance craze.

    ReplyDelete