Sunday, February 13, 2011

Al's Views 3

Hello and welcome to a Grammy themed edition of Al's Views.

So I just finished watching the Grammys. They were good. I missed Lady Gaga's performance and that was really the only reason why I wanted to see them. But yeah, still good. However some singers that I know can sing sang flat like Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber (I'm a belieber!). I don't know why, was it too loud to hear? The same thing happened to Taylor Swift last year. Maybe the Grammy stage makes you flat if you are a successful performer under the age of twenty.

Some group called Lady Antebellum won a lot (I am apparently the only person in the world that does not know who they are. Once I was in the car with my sisters and one of their songs came on and both Sam and Vanessa knew all the words. How did this pass by me? I love the country pop!). They won everything, except for album of the year. That doesn't really make sense to me. I mean, if they have the best record, the best song, the best single, why wouldn't they have the best album? Isn't the best song on the best album? It just don't make no sense.

Drake didn't win and that made me sad. I like Drake. He tried to get into a semi-formal I was at in grade eleven and Oakwood didn't let him. Plus he makes me feel like I know hip-hop, when I really have no idea about any kind of music. Basically if it is in a t.v show or film I know the song. Other than those two mediums, I need people to physically force me to listen to a song for me to discover it. Except for Elton John. Elton just sort of happened in grade eight. But wait, now that I think about it Elton John was on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. Never mind. He' still DA BEST!

I need a music intervention. Thank god for 8tracks.com or else I would be listening to Lady Antebellum's single from 2010, and that's lame man.
Side Note: I do love 8tracks but it's hipsterness is starting to get out of control. Tonight I heard a hipster version of Daft Punk's "Digital Love" and I thought, isn't Daft Punk hipster enough? However I did like what they did in Tron.
Side Note: How freaking hideous does Michael Sheen look in Tron. Terrifying. I have to refer back to my previous post of Michael Sheen what is up with you? Kate Beckinsale and Rachel McAdams! You look like an uncomfortable uncle.

Anyways even though I am more invested in the Oscars I really like the Grammy's. I learn from it and you don't always get that in an awards show.

Now enjoy the smooth sounds of a new artist (to me) Lady Antebellum (They're country, yea!)
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment