Friday, February 18, 2011

How To Be Creeped Out

I'm babysitting right now and the kid's asleep so I am watching, Whatever Happened To Baby Jane. Oh my god this is the creepiest movie I've ever seen and it's only been ten minutes. The movie opens with a little girl singing this song called "I've Written a Letter to Daddy," and the way she sings it makes me want to crawl out of my skin. But now that I think about it so, so many things creep me out. More than the average person.

Things That Creep Me Out
-The kind of animation that is used in that children's movie, The Last Unicorn.
-Anything that is any kind of anime. Even the good kind like Spirited Away.
-Children's beauty pageants. Ewww. Why would anyone want their kid to look like that?
-Religious paintings, iconography, posters books, etc. Basically anything that is remotely religious has    always frightened me. It could have been because I saw a clip of The Exorcist at waaaay too young an age. The explanation could also come from when I was ten I went to Italy and we stayed in a convent for the first week of our vacation. In the room where we slept, there was a picture of Jesus, crying puss (I swear!) with a crown of thorns on, and at nighttime it glowed, NO LIE! (Even trying to find a picture for the link was treacherous.)
-All bugs. Even lady bugs and ants.
-All music that sounds like this. Obviously it's because of The Shining but originally there's no way the person who wrote that song thought they were making an excellent mood setting for the end of one of the scariest movies ever.
- Every so often when I am watching T.V, the cable resets. In order to reset, the T.V turns off without warning and where the time is on the cable box it reads instead, "boot." It freaks me out every time. The first time it ever did that it was late at night, and I had just watched The Ring. I ran upstairs screaming.
- Crispin Glover. When he starred in that movie Willard I was scared to watch commercials because I thought the trailer might be on. Also, once I saw him on Conan, and he said he collected old timey surgical tools. WHY!??!?!
-Staying on Stumble Upon for too long. After twenty minutes, it gets weird.

Maybe writing this post will be cathartic. In reality I am alone in a strange house with a mind full of the things that give me the willies. So that's just great.
Have a nice night!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment