Thursday, February 3, 2011

How To Say I Love You

So right now I'm watching Love and Other Drugs for the second time. But in my defense my friend Elly's over and she hasn't seen it, it was four dollars, and Jake Gyllaanhaal is a super fox (however it does have lines like, "My friend's Thai and I'm Thai curious." Plus that and Anne Hathaway looks like a rabbit). Anyways, there's this one part in the movie where Jake has issues saying I love you. In fact, he has such issue that he has a panic attack. It seems like a stupid part of a stupid movie but something hit home for me. I too cannot say I love you. I never say it, like ever. Even when I'm talking to like my mom on the phone and she says, "bye, I love you", I'm always like, "Uh ok uh-huh sure bye." I mean it's my mom I know that I love her, I just can't say it.

Now there was a rumour floating around theatre school (that I started and my friend Nora can vouch for) that I may be dead inside. Not that I don’t have a soul or anything (which many of you may think I don’t have one after the whole cat cooler story) but I just don’t emote in the way that people, especially women, do. While I matriculated to theatre school (like that word usage, eh?) everyone cried once, because I don’t know why, I guess people go through emotional turmoil and we were there all the damn time so it was bound to happen. But not me, nope not ever. Ok, I did cry once but that was when I had woken up at three in the morning and couldn’t get back to sleep, so by ten AM I cried due to sheer exhaustion (I may be soulless but I’m not a robot).  Anyways, so I can’t say I love you and I can’t cry, I feel like there’s some sort of relation. 

Sadly I can say I love you to fictional people/celebrities all the time. Here is a list of all the people I can easily say I love you to: Matthew Perry, Chuck Bass, Jon Stewart, Alec Baldwin, Judd Apatow, James Franco, Barack Obama, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Chuck Bass, Hugh Grant, Ker Wells (shhh, keep this one a secret!), Blake Lively’s clothing, Colin Firth, Ewan McGregor, the dad and gay couple in Modern Family, Conan O’Brien Michael Buble, Russell Brand, Zach Braff and Chuck Bass.
Ohhh, I have a problem, I’m supposed to explain a “How To” on how to say I love you, yet I cannot. I guess I can do baby steps so like the next time someone says it to me maybe, possibly I will say it back…ok fine I will for sure say it back. Maybe I might say it first… no I can’t, I can’t it has to be slower. Ok so that's the plan. Whoever is the first person to say I love you to me I will definitely say it back. No pausing or nothin'!

So thanks for reading and I l…ll…l.o…..love y…y..yo…yyo…you all. Yay I did it. Sort of. 

 Thanks for reading!

                    I truly believe Anne Hathaway looks like this breed of rabbit


 

No comments:

Post a Comment