Sunday, March 20, 2011

Al's Views 8

Hey all this is a very special Al's Views because it's the eighth one, and my lucky number is eight (I'm born March 8, 1988; so I literally own this number. I have a contract).
Anyways so I have had not one but two requests on what to write about. So I'm going to save one for Thursday, because Thursday's my request day (just reminding y'all), and one I will discuss now.

My friend Krystyna sent me this email:
 I have a question for Classic-Al,
So im sitting at a table in the library. This guy asks if he can sit at the table. Not a problem there is lots of room. So we are working quietly away. Then, he asks me if I believe in god. This guy doesn't look like a lunatic FYI. I'm like I dont really know, blah blah blah. Then he tells me that he's seen god. And I'm like OKAY you really are a lunatic...But all I can answer is "ohhhh okay..." And then it's awkward. Anyways how do you react when someone tells you they have seen god?

Well first off I think I would ask him to define god. Then I would ask him in excruciating detail what he saw.  I'd need to know everything. Was he human like? Was he a he? Was he a she? Was it Oprah? Because it might have been, and I would not fault you at all if you thought it was Oprah. I think if I saw Oprah in real life I'd tell people I have seen the "god" (of daytime TV).

Most people, I would assume, would do their best to get out of a conversation like this, but not me. As you all know I have a PhD in crazy, plus I deal with the crazies everyday (my father and ninety percent of his friends) so non-sensical conversations excite me.
In the end though, I feel like I will never be fully satisfied with his answer, because my own definition of god is something that my human being brain can and never will understand as long as I live on earth.
Some people might call that a cop out, but I think issues like god, death, and nothingness (think about it you can never think of nothing, because when you're thinking of nothing, you're still thinking about thinking about nothing... Cosmic) are just too big for this world and I like it like that.
God, to me, is more of a feeling (wrong word, but you know what I mean) than a physical thing you can see.
But in the end, this guy either has absolutley NO idea how to hit on women, or he's actually seen god. Either way, the kid needs help.

My second thing that I wanted to have a view on is the actor Javier Bardem. So I love him. He's amazing. I know i just dedicated an entire post to Jon Hamm, but this Bardem is killing me with his amazingness. Plus it's my lucky number day, and I can make this post as long as I want to!

Last week I saw him in Biutiful, and he did such an incredible performance, it was like seeing god (OMG, maybe the guy just saw Javier in Biutiful, and so he was kind of telling the truth).
No offense to Colin Firth, but Bardem was too good he should have definitely won the Oscar. However the film Biutiful is so difficult and tragic, it should be renamed Hard To Watch (Shout out to Tracy Jordan).
The second thing I saw Javier in this week was just his part in Eat, Pray, Love. I know people love to shit on this film (my mom says the only thing she remebers about the movie is Julia Roberts' mouth, and not in a good way) but the Bali part is really lovely. And Javier is too much. His accent is adorable, and he says things like " I make a good mixed tape of a the Sting" and, "Son, you cross-a the line." I love his use of "a".
So if you feel like see a really cute and pretty romantic comedy, watch the last thirty minutes of Eat, Pray, Love.
Btw, I went to a psychic this week (for fun, relax I can feel the judgement through the computer) who told me that my soulmate will be tan and of Mediterranean descent, so obviously it's going to be Javier Bardem... Right? Oh, he's married to and has a baby with Penelope Cruz. Oh also I don't know him.. Crap.

Thanks for reading

Perfect example of the cutness of Bardem

No comments:

Post a Comment