Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How To Anything Goes

Hey all! Today is "Anything Goes Wednesday", my third favourite kind of a post because it is a great combo of laziness and getting shit done!
So the first part will be dedicated to my friend Shayne who hasn't ever read my blog and I told him that he should tonight. So tonight Shayne you best be reading this, and tell One-Arm Bob congrats!!

Another topic on my mind tonight is ill fitting clothing. Like I have these really nice jeans that look great on my legs but are just a little too tight in the waist, while my friend Nora has the opposite problem (waist big, legs snug. In case you were confused, because I was at first.) Plus tonight I was looking for pyjama pants and found these purple rayon/polyester garbage material that looked like they would be baggy but were shockingly tight.
That's the worst, when you go to a store and get the smaller size thinking, "Oh this shirt fits loose", but it ends up being super fitted and super unflatering.
I have such a love/hate relationship with clothing that when analysed it's pretty abusive.
Clothes are expensive, occasionally painful, hard to keep clean (specifically for me, I can stain anything, it's a gift), and never look as good as I thought it did the moment I wanted to buy it. Like this white anarak I loved in the store. Now (two days later) I think it looks like a hazmat suit.

But that's also what I love about clothes, never being fully satisfied always changing. It's poetic in a media/consumer driven world.
Thanks for reading!
See I really loved this dress, but someone said it looked like a robe and now I'm confused. Damn you perception!

No comments:

Post a Comment