Saturday, March 5, 2011

How To De-Stress

So I have been working since eleven in the morning and I will likely not end until after midnight. It's been a stressful day.
The house I was babysitting during the day not only had a sick baby, but two nervous Italian Greyhounds, both of whom decided not to be housebroken today. Basically I had to clean up poo, pee and barf all day. (Side note: I do not get the appeal of Italian Greyhound they're so skinny it's like petting a live nerve. Plus they all look like Monty Burns from The Simpsons).
I need to relax and never ever clean poo again. I will now list the many ways I de-stress my life.

-Take a bath. Yes this is a cliche, but nothing like immersing yourself in scalding hot water. I like to make a sweet playlist and sing-along.

-Re-read Bridget Jones's Diary Two: The Edge of Reason. The first book was aight but the second rocked (The opposite should be adhered to when watching the films). The best part is when Bridget Jones interviews Colin Firth, and she can't stop asking him about when he fell in the pond in Pride and Prejudice and his shirt was all wet and see-through. The first time I read this book was in grade ten and I couldn't put it down. Literally. Once I was reading it in the middle of a history class and the teacher caught me and then said, "I am so disappointed in you." It was a little brutal.

-Scream. Just for a few seconds. You can run the tap or something if your embarrassed, but there's nothing like a good shout to scare away the stress (it's a scientific fact!)

-Watch Gossip Girl. Do I really have to explain why? I already do the review so I'm sure you're all aware I have a problem. I'm addicted to watching/ telling people about the show. Yeah, I know guilty pleasures are supposed to be secret but this one is too much fun to talk about. It's gone from a guilty pleasure to just plain pleasure. Plus, I'm pretty sure Chuck Bass is my soul mate, NBD.

-Get drunk. I can't drink wine or beer so I've really started to love gin. It's weird, I never thought I would prefer one alcohol to another. There was a time when drinking was something you did in a school parking lot until you got to an uncomfortable house party where you were all ready tired because you wasted your high energy drunk on the TTC ride over.
But now I take my time and get slowly hammered as opposed to shit-faced in sixty seconds. It's classier. More mature, if you will. However for nostalgia's sake I think drinking in a school parking lot in the middle of winter something us over nineteens don't do nearly enough.

-Don't babysit young children. Your job description is essentially to not let the kids die, so after a while it gets a little nerve racking. Plus they say things like, "I'm going to tell my mom you punched me in the face."

Hopefully I've added a little tranquility to your weekend.
Thanks for reading!

 



Separated at birth, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment