Friday, March 18, 2011

How To Dilly Dally

Dilly-dally is a funny word. I looked it up and it's a real word and everything. I think it's in my mind because I just watched that movie Country Strong I now I feel like I'm writing in a southern accent. I'm sure you're all thinkin, "Well how does one write in an accent other then their own?" well all I can say to that is watch Country Strong and then try not to have twang. Just try!

I waste time but good. I guess it goes hand in hand with being lazy and constantly in a rush to do things. Today I had lots of time to write this blog but now I'm half asleep, my bad.

Remember saying things like, "my bad" and "talk to the hand" sincerely? I did when I was in grade five. Remember "suck it"? There was a kid in my elementary school who, when he would get really upset, would spastically scream, "Suck it! Suck it!". He did the hand gestures and everything.
I feel like slang was very important when I was a kid. Like making sure I talked like my classmates. I guess it was as important in highschool too. Everyone in highschool was really into saying things like, "suss", "jam" and occasionally "rad". But "rad" was super forced. Whenever someone would use that word you know they were thinking of it before hand and was really grateful when they were able to use it in a conversation.
Example: Person A: "So if I pass my math exam I won't have to do summer school at all."
                Person B: (interupting A even before A finished the sentence) "That's so rad!!!!!!"

As you can tell I really am a pro at dilly-dallying (also a legit word) because I've gone this entire post without talking about anything. And you've just been dillyed! (Not a word...yet. Start saying it in highschools, it'll catch on reall fast.)

Thanks for reading!
Words, words, words!

1 comment:

  1. Slang is important in university, too! At my school everyone would run around saying "trumped" or "legit".

    Also, I totally had a kid in my elementary school who would freak and yell "SUCK IT" with the hand gestures whenever he was agitated. Maybe there was one in every school?

    ReplyDelete