Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How To Request; Would You Rather: A Scrub Or A Bug-a-boo?

Hello. I love the "Would You Rather" game. I have spent hours of my childhood/most of my adult life playing this game.
My usual go-to for this game is, "Would you rather kiss a goat? And I mean kiss a goat. Get all up in that goat's face! Or humanely kill it?" People hate answering this question because we all know the answer. And just for the sake of discreetness the answer lies in my jerk flavoured meal last night that I ate without guilt or making out with a goat.
But this "Would You Rather" is brought to you by Anisa K (miss you mon amis!).

All right all you mid-nineties R&B girl group lovin' ladies (and three boys), it's time to figure out the age old question of who would you rather date, a Scrub or a Bug-a-boo.

So definition time:

A Scrub is a guy who thinks he's fly and is also known as a Buster, always talkin about what he wants and just sits on his broke ass.
The term was coined by either T-Boz, Chili, or Lisa (Left-Eye) Lopez (I like how Left-Eye gets a last name. Makes her more real, also R.I.P).

A Bug-a-boo is a little more complicated. He's the type of guy that makes you wanna throw your pager out the window, tell MCI to cut the phone calls, break my lease so I can move, you're buggin' me and can't you see that ain't cool.
This term was coined by Beyonce (There's just no way that the other four had anything to do with it).

So I guess you have a choice to make, do you want a man that does too much or one that does nothing at all.
Now in my opinion a take charge kind of guy makes me feel lazy. Scrubs seem more my speed. In fact me and Scrubs have a lot in common.

Things Scrubs and I have in common:
He hangs out the passenger side of his best friend's ride.
I do that! I can't drive a car and after failing my G1 this week (By one ok! Don't judge), I assume I never will.
If you live at home wit' yo momma, oh yes Scrub I'm talkin to you.
I do live at home with my momma! In fact she's sitting on the couch right now trying to understand what I'm writing about, and she doesn't.
Actually I'm starting to think this post has a limited fan-base but I'm pretty this entire blog is limited. It's written by a Scrub after all!
[Sidenote: Maybe Classic-Al should take that clear NZT pill from that film Limitless and make my blog into just having potential into fulfilling potential... I'd be Limitless! Also I think the film's real title should be Potential {say it in a whisper}]


Wanna get with me with no money.
I don't really wanna get with you, but I do have no money!
Wow, I'm a Scrub. But I ain't alone. There's so many of us that a song was written, so I'm in good company.

As for a Bug-a-boo, man this guy gets shit done!


Bug-a-boo Qualities
It's not hot that when in blockin' your phone number you call me from over your best friends house.
That takes two things- creativity and shamelessness. Well I'm full of shame so count me out!
 
And it's not hot that I can't even go out with my girlfriends 
without you trackin' me down.
This also takes two things- Sherlock Holmes like skills and driving ability. Score one for the Scrubs again!

So in the game of "Would you rather", I'll take a Scrub please.
Who would you rather?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. oh my god this made me laugh (I am also totally a scrub btw).

    I'm tweeting it!

    ReplyDelete