Monday, March 14, 2011

How To Review: Not Gossip Girl Edition

So once again, my GG is a no-show (I thought March was supposed to be sweeps?)
So I guess I will review what I'm watching at this moment, Sex and the City season four (just when you thought I couldn't get any girlier).
The fourth season is my favourite. It's summer time, everyone's all tan and relaxed looking, and they were rich but not glutton-crazy over done rich like in the films. Plus it has as much Aidan as it does Big so it's like the best of relationships.

There are a couple of questions I've always had about Sex and the City-

First: When Carrie writes in her column intimate details about her relationships and the relationships of those around her, don't the people care?
There is an episode when Big confronts what an asshole he was to Carrie because he read in the book that was a compilation of all of her columns. Therefore proving that the people on the show know when they're being written about. Either her boyfriends are totally confident with themselves in a relationship or I no one in her life reads her writing. Now I just feel sad because if no one reads Carrie's column, I believe it is safe to assume then really no one reads mine. Not that I have column where I get paid or anything. That would be nice. If someone wants to pay me to do this I would accept the cash. I wouldn't feel embarrassed or anything.

Second: I think Carrie's questions (in her column that come at the point in the episode when everything starts to come together/fall apart) started out really relevant but sort of deteriorated by the end.
Example
Season 1: "Can women have sex like men?" (Shocking, for the time, and slightly thought provoking)
Season 3: "Do women just want to be rescued?" (Shocking-ish, and debate worthy)
Season 5: "Is a relatioship a relationship without the zsa zsa zsu?" (What? I get trying to start a word  trend, but, what?)

In the end I really love Sex and the City. It's the only show I could watch over and over every year since I was in grade nine, and I'm not alone in this sentiment. So no matter how silly or over the top the show can be, it's never going to be as ridiculous as Gossip Girl. 
Sigh, I have no standards.

Thanks for reading!
Me Likey!


No comments:

Post a Comment