Sunday, April 3, 2011

Al's Views 10

Hey all. I woke up this morning at 7:30 AM, to do a workout at 8 AM. I have joined my sister's personal trainer friend's Spring Workout Group (I was invited to do so on Facebook).

I was very excited and terrified to workout that early on a Sunday, but I have worked out earlier (not to brag or anything).
Once when I was desperately trying to get a part-time job in mid-November (turns out I'm unhirable, who knew? Well the entire retail workforce did, but that's besides the point), I got a job interivew at Lululemon.
The happy, perky, tall girls of Lululemon informed me that the interview would be in two parts. The first part would be a hour long spinning class. The second part would be the actual interview. Oh and by the by, the class starts at 6:30 AM so then you can get your workout out of the way first thing, isn't that clever?
This job interview combined the two things I truly hate: job interviews and being judged while exercising.
Needless to say I went, at 6:30 in the morning (technically 6:15 because you had to sign up for the class before hand), and did a hour long spinning class.
Oh, and I didn't get the job. I blame my height. The two girls interviewing me were impossibly tall.

So an eight AM workout didn't seem too daunting.
However the night before I went to bed with a full tummy. This is a no-no for me usually just out of principle but last night I discovered that it's a practical rule too.
If you are anything like me you watched The Cosby Show growing up (Sidenote: His name on the show is Cliff Huxtable. Why is it called The Cosby Show, it should be called, The Huxtable Show!). There was one episode that really stayed with me, and that was the one where Cliff ate junk food before going to bed and he had nightmares all night.
Well whoever wrote that episode is writing it based on fact. I had crazy nightmares all night long. One of them included me owning a bull dog that moved in slow motion yet still killed my cat and repeatedly bit me. I could feel the bites!
Another dream had my legs feel super heavy and I couldn't move away from the gathering darkness, it was spooky!

But I still woke up, did the workout and vowed to never eat before bed.
Thanks for reading.

Now please enjoy the entire episode of "Cliff's Nightmare"

2 comments:

  1. This is a theme as old as time! At the turn of the century there was a newspaper comic strip called "Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend" (Apparently a welsh rarebit is kind of like an open-faced grilled cheese?). Anyway, every comic is about an increasingly escalating nightmare, and they always end with the dreamer waking up and swearing never to eat rarebit before bed again. Enjoy one here! http://www.comicstriplibrary.org/display/949

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read the comic. Eerily accurate. That alligator is doing exactly what the bulldog did in my dream. We need to do a study in nightmares and eating before bed, I'm sure someone has based their PhD on it.

    ReplyDelete