Saturday, April 2, 2011

How To Decide: Would You Rather..?

Like I've mentioned before I love the game, "Would You Rather". I remember I had a book on it when I was a kid it was called "Would You Rather?" (inventive title) by John Burningham. On the cover there was a little boy riding a scooter with a pig.
Not really sure what that has to do with choosing between one thing or another, but I guess if that image is answering a question, the question would be,
  "Would you rather ride on a scooter with a pig or a turkey?"
Obviously the answer would have to be a pig, because turkeys are ugly.
Also, have you ever seen a turkey vulture? It'll haunt your dreams.
Once, a little girl I was taking care of made me look at a book of Ontario's raptors. She kept trying to get me to agree with her that the turkey vulture was cute. I know she was six but I just couldn't do it. It felt morally wrong.

Today I thought I would answer the questions that were posed on the back of the book (because that's all amazon.com let's you see).

First WYR: Would you rather drink snail squash or eat mashed worms?
Hmm, I just don't know what kind of situation I would be in where these would be necessary options. I know my true and tried "Would You Rather" (kissing a goat or killing it humanely) is a situation that I swear to god could happen.
But snail or worm mush? I guess snail's, because I've willingly eaten snails (escargots), and worms remind me of grade seven science (the smell of formaldehyde is imprinted on my sinuses forever!).

Second WYR: Would you rather help a witch make stew or tickle a monkey? Um, this is a no brainer, obviously tickle a monkey!
How delightful would that be making a monkey laugh? I wouldn't even have to be forced to do this one.
If there was a monkey in my house right now, I assure you I would be tickling it.

Thanks for reading!

I freaking loved this book. It has informed most of my adult life.


OH DEAR GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment