Monday, April 4, 2011

How To Count

I'm sleepy. I've been out since 10 AM, it's now 11 PM, so that's a big day for me.
Since I wrote such a long post yesterday and included a full episode of The Cosby Show, I'll leave you with this:
Tonight I was in an improv class where the word whore was used nine times in different ways and in different scenes. I've  written about this in the past, but apparently it is now an epidemic.
Just quit it ok, it's not that funny (except this one guy was playing a dinosaur in a scene and said, "I once dated a velociraptor, she was a whore", that was funny. But he was an extremely skilled improvisor who said many other funny lines).
Rambling on about your "whore mother", not so funny.
Why this word bothers me, not so sure. Maybe because it is specifically made to make women's sexual choices wrong and shameful.
Plus what the hell am I supposed to do in a scene when someone calls me a whore? Where does that scene go? Tell me, because I have to deal with this often.
Anyways, sorry for being such a downer, but made you think, ehhh!

Thanks for reading!
This was the first image that came up when I googled "whore", it's apt I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment